Monday, December 15, 2008

Alucard...Ma I

Another series in the NECA and Player Select issues of video game characters, this time from the game Castlevania. I found a few at Hastings. I bought the rather bishonen gentleman with the long blond hair in the middle: his name is Alucard. If you wonder what the name means (and if you are a regular reader of this blog I bet you don't) read the post heading backward. This figure stands about 7 and 1/2 inches tall and comes with broadsword, cross on a chain, holy water bottle, and a bloody joint of some kind of meat that I am willing to bet is some sort of health-restoring pick-up in the game.

Oddly enough, this is not the first toy bottle of holy water I've got (think Buffy), and it's the second toy cross I've bought this week. The other was one of the "secret treasures" I got with an Indiana Jones figure.

2 comments:

AlanDP said...

But of course I do! It's also the name of Hellsing's main character. In fact the "bishonen gentleman" (I have to look that word up looks a lot like Integra Hellsing (who is female).

Anonymous said...

I looked at pictures of Integra, and the resemblance is uncanny. There are action figures of Hellsing, but I've never seen them in person, just pictures.