Wednesday, August 12, 2009

10 Books A Day: #112



















All volumes are by Ursula K. Le Guin.




A Wizard Of Earthsea...Bantam


A Wizard Of Earthsea...Bantam


The Tombs Of Atuan...Bantam


The Tombs Of Atuan...Bantam


The Farthest Shore...Bantam


The Farthest Shore...Bantam


The Wind's Twelve Quarters...Bantam


Orsinian Tales...Bantam


The Beginning Place...Bantam


Always Coming Home...Bantam


The Left Hand Of Darkness...Ace



I first read the first three Earthsea novels when I was in middle school. My drama teacher Darryl Fleming and I were reading The Lord of the Rings at about the same time, and he loaned me a boxed set of the Earthsea Trilogy (as it was known then) as something I would be interested in as well. I remember being impressed that the pictures on the spines of the books made up the head, body, and tail of a fish. Since then, LeGuin has added three more Earthsea books (two novels, one collection of short stories) to the series and there have been two adaptations to film, the execrable adaptation from SciFi and Tales From Earthsea, an animated film from Studio Ghibli (of Spirited Away fame), not yet released in the US. It was directed by Goro Miyazaki, son of Hayao Miyazaki.

Book Count: 1296.

No comments: