Thursday, August 13, 2009

10 Books A Day: #113















The Shaving Of Shagpat...George Meredith...Ballantine Books

The Wood Beyond The World...William Morris...Ballantine Books

The Well At The World's End I...William Morris...Ballantine Books

The Well At The World's End II...William Morris...Ballantine Books

The Night Land I...William Hope Hodgeson...Ballantine Books

Mistress Of Mistresses...E. R. Eddison...Del Rey

A Fish Dinner In Memison...E. R. Eddison...Del Rey

The Mezentian Gate...E. R. Eddison...Del Rey

The Sorcerer's Ship...Hannes Bok...Ballantine Books

The Black Wheel...Hannes Bok & A. Merritt...Avon

The Ship Of Ishtar...A. Merritt...Avon

The Fox Woman & Other Stories...A. Merritt...Avon

Dwellers In The Mirage...A. Merritt...Avon

The Face In The Abyss...A. Merritt...Avon


Fourteen classic works of fantasy. I've had most of them for close to thirty years. The William Morris and E. R. Eddison books were even praised by the likes of C. S. Lewis and J. R. R. Tolkien. And I have to admit I haven't read a one of them.


Oh, I've parsed and perused them, sampled and dipped into each. But they were never quite my cup of tea--or at least my taste for them has not developed as yet. But they are classics in what I consider my field, so I hang onto them. Just in case.


Book Count: 1310.

No comments: