Thursday, October 14, 2010

10 Books A Day: #167
















The Merry Adventures Of Robin Hood...Howard Pyle...Signet Classic

The Andrew Lang Fairy Tale Book...ed. by Michael Patrick Hearn...Signet Classic

Lilith...George MacDonald...Ballantine Books

The Well Of The Unicorn...Fletcher Pratt...Del Rey

Watch The North Wind Rise...Robert Graves...Avon

I See By My Outfit...Peter S. Beagle...Ballantine Books

The Crystal Cave...Mary Stewart...Fawcett Crest

The Hollow Hills...Mary Stewart...Fawcett Crest

The Last Enchantment...Mary Stewart...Fawcett Crest

The Outlaw Of Torn...Edgar Rice Burroughs...Ace


I have other copies of Lilith and The Well of the Unicorn, with different covers. The Andrew Lang book is a compilation from all his colored books of fairy tales. I read the first two Mary Stewart books back when I was in middle school, and mad for anything Merlin. Watch The North Wind Rise is an unusual book for Robert Graves, as it is "science fiction" of the future Utopian kind; I haven't seen this potboiler of his discussed anywhere in anything I've read about him.


Book Count: 2003.

3 comments:

AlanDP said...

Man, those Mary Stewart books just blew me away, although I didn't read them until high school. My grandmother found "The Crystal Cave" at a used bookstore and I was soon hunting down the full series. Some of the best fantasy I've ever read. The fourth book wasn't so great, to me, because it wasn't told by Merlin like the others.

Brer said...

I have a hardback of "The Wicked Day" somewhere. I agree that it was somewhat inferior; I missed Merlin, of course. I have a Hildebrandt calendar of artwork from the first three books.

Brer said...

I have a hardback of "The Wicked Day" somewhere. I agree that it was somewhat inferior; I missed Merlin, of course. I have a Hildebrandt calendar of artwork from the first three books.