Saturday, July 7, 2012

The Complete Peanuts: 1983-1984


Yesterday I got this in the mail. My latest purchase from E. R. Hamilton, and the seventeenth volume in the series. I like getting these through ERH; they are generally about nine dollars cheaper than cover price, and I don't mind waiting until they are discounted. By the early 1980's Peanuts was past its glory years (this was the era of Flashbeagle, aerobics jokes, and Trivia), but it is still pretty amusing. The love triangle between Peppermint Patty, Marcie, and Charlie Brown; Snoopy's brother Spike and his antics among cacti and coyotes; the story-line of "The Snoring Ghost," where Peppermint Patty's snores haunt her old desk: these all raised a few chuckles for me. These squat little volumes are starting to take up a lot of space.

No comments: